Parenting as a Spiritual Practice
We offer two-day introductory courses on applying an integral perspective to the initial years of a child’s life
Locations: If interested in hosting such a workshop, please get in touch with us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $80/person; $120/couple. Pre-registration required; limited spaces
For more info and to register, contact Next Step Integral:
Tel.: (250) 355-2206; Email: email@example.com
We will explore, learn about, and practice:
- Meeting the whole child—a being made of body, mind, soul, and spirit.
- Understanding a young child’s levels of development so that we neither expect too much nor too little.
- How parenting is intimately connected with who we are, and therefore dependent on our own growth and consciousness.
- Riding paradoxes, for example,offering our child unconditional love and providing direction, guidance, and at times very clear boundaries and correction.
- Parenting within an evolutionary context—lifting the bar of what parenting can be by bringing evermore consciousness to the task, whilst not creating more self-doubt or stress about our ability and capacity to parent.
The course is made up of experiential, explorative, practical and theoretical components.
Main course facilitator: Miriam Mason Martineau is mother of a 7-year old daughter. She holds an M.A. in Psychology from the University of Zurich,with specialization in Youth and Child Psychology, and has been working in private practice as an integral therapeutic counselor since 1993. She is presently writing a book on Integral Parenting and is passionately interested in parenting as a spiritual path – both in theory and in practice – a humbling and delightful adventure it is! She is vice-president of Next Step Integral, an international organization that brings an integral perspective to ecology, education, parenting and community. She lives in Winlaw, BC, with her husband, Stephan and daughter, Adonia.
Tools, Skills and Perspectives to make Integral Community work!
Setting the Stage – Context: The Integral Framework; The Great Arc of Life; the next step in consciousness evolution; why evolve the “We”?
Individual readiness: shadow work, gifts and contributions, types, Integral Life Practice; inner discernment.
Community – the Nuts and Bolts: Decision making; Leadership; Legal frameworks; Agreements.
The Awakened Collective: authentic healthy relationships; overarching Vision; Community beyond Ego; conflict resolution;
Main course facilitators: Stephan Martineau & Miriam Mason Martineau